Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2020
Secretariat Administration Department, Assam released an official notification regarding the 170 posts recruitment of Junior Administrative Assistant. Online applications are invited from all eligible and interested candidates for this Junior Administrative Assistant recruitment. More details regarding this vacancy is discussed below.
Assam Secretariat Recruitment Details
Name of Post: Junior Administrative Assistant
No of Posts: 170 Posts
- UR: 57 Posts
- ST (P):14 Posts
- ST (H): 12 Posts
- SC: 14 Posts
- OBC/MOBC: 40 Posts
- Person with Disability: 14 Posts
- EWS: 19 Posts
- The applicants must be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 45% marks, 40% for SC/ST candidates in their degree examination.
- The candidates must possess a minimum 6 (six) months Diploma/ Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institute. They must have good working knowledge of office productivity software tools (independent of any operating system, r.e. MS Windows, Linux, MAC etc.) such as Word Processor, Spread Sheet, presentation graphics, concept of database, internet and email.
Age Limit: The candidate should not be less than 18 years and more than 38 years of age as on 1st January 2020. Check official notification for upper age relaxation details.
Pay Scale: PB-2 Rs.14,000- 49,000 + Grade Pay of Rs.8,700 per moth plus other allowances as admissible under Rules.
How to Apply Assam Secretariat Recruitment?
Candidates who will be eligible as per official notification of SAD, Assam and intended to submit their application need to submit their application at online application portal developed by Secretariat Administration Department for this recruitment. Step by step guide of online application is mentioned below.
- Scroll down, check Important Link‘s section.
- Click on Online Application Link.
- Now, online application portal will load.
- Register yourself and enter all asked information, upload required documents and submit application.
- Take a print out of acknowledgment form for future use.
Important Dates of Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2020
- Starting date of online application: 31st July 2020
- Last date of online application: 31st August 2020
Important Web Links of Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2020
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
Selection Process of Assam Secretariat Recruitment
For this recruitment, Secretariat Administration Department, Assam will conduct examination in two phases and candidates who will be qualified both phases will be selected for this job. Details of both two phases are discussed below.
Phase 1 (Written Exam)
The candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in an objective type written test to be held in the District Headquarters of Assam on a date to be notified later on. The syllabus of the Objective Type Written Test will be as follows-
|General English including General Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude||150 Marks|
|Knowledge of Computer (Theory)||50 Marks|
|Language Skills Test in Assamese/ Bengali/ Bodo/ Alternative English||50 Marks|
Best Books for Assam Secretariat Written Exam
In this section, we provided some book’s links which are recommended for this recruitment. Candidates who are preparing for this exam will be benefited from these books. Category wise best book buying links are attached below.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- The History of Assam from Yandabo to Partition by Priyam Goswami
Phase 2 (Practical Exam)
Against each vacancy, three candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test. After the written test, the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in a Computer Practical Test and Precis Writing test to be held centrally in Guwahati. Total marks for the Computer (Practical) Test will be 50 Marks and Precis Writing Test will be 50 Marks. They will have to bring all the original testimonials i.e. Age proof Certificate, Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates), Educational Qualification Certificates and Marksheet, Computer Proficiency Certificate, Income and Asset Certificate of the family issued by the competent authority (in case of candidates belonging to EWS), Employment Exchange Registration Certificate, Disability Certificate (in case of PwD candidates) and Declaration in Form-“A” as available in the website.