|Scheme Name||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Government||Government of India|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
|Last Date||Not Specified|
|Scholarship Details||Click Here|
|Check Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), formally known as the Ministry of Education, had launched a special scholarship scheme named Ishaan Uday in 2014 under the University Grants Commission (UGC). Under this scheme, Government of India invites applications from meritorious students of North Eastern Region through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Every year, application is invited by the government and many students submit applications for this wonderful scheme.
Related: OBC Scholarship Assam 2021
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, 2021
Academic Session: 2021-22
Scholarship Authority: Government of India
No of Beneficiaries: 10,000 students per year.
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Objectives
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Fellowship
An amount of Rs.5,400/- per month for General Degree courses and Rs.7,800/- per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Eligibility Criteria of Ishan Uday Scholarship
1. Students with domicile of NER, who have passed Class XII or equivalent examination from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions recognized as under-
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside.
2. Only students are eligible who are studying in 1st year of their course or 1st semester.
3. For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
4. Only those students are eligible whose parents income in annual is not more than Rs.4.5 lakhs.
5. Students with Transgender category are also eligible for this scheme and reservation will be as per government rules.
Exclusions of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
- Students pursuing courses/ programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parent’s income is more than Rs.4.5 lakhs per annul.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
Students who successfully fulfil the above eligibility criteria are able to submit online application for this Central Government Scholarship Scheme. More details including required documents, application link, last date are given below.
Documents Required: Students must have the documents listed below before proceeding with the application.
- Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
- Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)
- Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation certificate(Annexure-III)
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Starting date of online application: Will be updated once the official notification is released.
- Last date of online application: Not announced.
- Last date of Defective Verification: Not announced.
- Last date of Institute Level Verification: Not announced.
Important Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Download Official Notification||Click Here | FAQs|
|Application Link (Register)||Click Here|
|Application Link (Login)||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|