|Scheme Name||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Government||Government of India|
|Start Date||20th September 2021|
|Last Date||15th December 2021|
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), formally known as the Ministry of Education, had launched a special scholarship scheme named Ishaan Uday in 2014 under the University Grants Commission (UGC). Under this scheme, Government of India invites applications from meritorious students of North Eastern Region through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Every year, application is invited by the government and many students submit applications for this wonderful scheme.
Related: OBC Scholarship Assam 2021
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, 2021
Academic Session: 2021-22
Scholarship Authority: Government of India
No of Beneficiaries: 10,000 students per year.
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Objectives
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Fellowship
An amount of Rs.5,400/- per month for General Degree courses and Rs.7,800/- per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Eligibility Criteria of Ishan Uday Scholarship
Type of Educational Institutes: Students with domicile of NER, who have passed Class XII or equivalent examination from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions recognized as under-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/ State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside.
Course Semester/Class: Only students are eligible who are studying in 1st year of their course or 1st semester.
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
Family Income: Only those students are eligible whose parents income in annual is not more than Rs.4.5 lakhs.
Reservation: Students with Transgender category are also eligible for this scheme and reservation will be as per government rules.
Exclusions of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
- Students pursuing courses/ programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parent’s income is more than Rs.4.5 lakhs per annul.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
Students who successfully fulfill the above eligibility criteria are able to submit online application for this Central Government Scholarship Scheme. More details including required documents, application link, last date are given below.
- Students have to visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal which is mentioned in the section of Important Link. After visiting the official website of NSP, click on the New Registration option, read the instructions and click on the green Continue button.
- Another page will load, enter all your asked personal details, verify the captcha and click on the red coloured Register button.
- After that, a page containing your Student Application ID will be displayed, please note down this ID for future use and click on Continue button.
- Now, a login page will load, enter your User ID, Password (will be sent to your registered mobile number), verify the Captcha and click on the orange coloured Login button.
- Now, fill all your Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details and click on Save and Continue button.
- After that, fill Contact Details, Scheme Details, Upload Documents and click on green coloured Final Submit button.
- After completing the above steps, a page with all your filled details will appear, click on the Print button to take a copy of this application.
- Now, go to your institute or college and submit that printed application acknowledgment copy along with all the relevant documents demanded by your institute or college.
- That is just the complete process of Ishan Uday scholarship application.
Students must have the documents listed below before proceeding with the application.
- Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
- Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)
- Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation certificate(Annexure-III)
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Starting date of online application: 20th September 2021
- Last date of online application: 15th December 2021
- Last date of Defective Verification: 31st December 2021
- Last date of Institute Level Verification: 31st December 2021
Important Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Download Official Notification||Click Here | FAQs|
|Application Link (Register)||Click Here|
|Application Link (Login)||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
Selection Process of Ishan Uday Scholarship
The selection and merit list of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme will be prepared on the basis of the following listed criteria.
Total Slots: A total of 10,000 slots are available under this scheme and 10,000 students will be awarded.
Distribution: The distribution of slots among the states of NER will be done on the basis of Population Census (Last).
In Case of Vacant Slot: If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the vacancies will be distributed equally among other states.
Reservation: Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) will be done as per the norms of Government of India.
FAQs of Ishan Uday Scholarship
Which state students are eligible for this scholarship scheme?
Only those students who have domicile of North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Is there any annual income limit covered for the students under this scheme?
Yes, only those students are eligible for this scheme whose annual family income is not more than or equal to Rs 4.5 lakhs.
What is the last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship?
The last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship is 15th December 2021.
What is the minimum educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
The minimum educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship is 12th pass from a recognized board.
How to submit application for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme?
To submit application for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, students need to visit the official National Scholarship Portal (https://scholarships.gov.in/) and submit their online application.