Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) which was formally known as Ministry of Education launched a new scholarship scheme under University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2014 for 2014-15 session. The mostly popular scholarship scheme of HRD is known as Ishan Uday, also this year for session 2018-19 the online application is started for the students of North Eastern Region of India including Assam. This scholarship scheme promote students who were economically weak and want to complete their higher studies i.e above 12th standard. below we provided more information regarding this special scholarship scheme of North East.
Related: OBC Scholarship Assam 2019
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 Details
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
Category: Government of India Scheme
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Objectives
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Fellowship
An amount of Rs.5400/- per month for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
1. Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance. E). Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside.
2. Only students are eligible who are studying in 1st year of their course or 1st semester.
3. For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
4. Only those students are eligible whose parents income in annual is not more than Rs.4.5 lakhs.
5. Students with Transgender category are also eligible for this scheme and reservation will be as per government rules.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 Exclusions
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parent’s income is more than Rs.4.5 lakhs per annul.
How to Apply Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
Candidates or Students who were successfully completed above mentioned eligibility criteria are now able to submit online application this central governments scheme of scholarship. More details including required documents, application link, last date are below provided.
- Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
- Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)
- Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation certificate(Annexure-III)
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 Selection Process
The awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam. The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason. Result shall be published on UGC website. Award letters can be downloaded from UGC online application portal. The effective date of release of fellowship shall be 1st April of the selection year or the actual date of joining the first year of the undergraduate degree course whichever is later.
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
- Last date to submit application: 31st October 2018