|Scheme Name||OBC Scholarship|
|Qualification||Pre & Post Matric|
|Government||Government of India|
|Start Date||17th September 2021|
|Last Date||20th November 2021|
|Scholarship Details||Click Here|
|How to Apply||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
OBC Scholarship Assam 2021
Every year the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) of India invites online applications from all eligible students for the Other Backward Classes (OBC) Scholarship Scheme. This scholarship scheme is a centrally sponsored scholarship scheme by the Government of India for eligible OBC students. Under this scheme, students who have passed HSLC/AHM Examination or Matriculation and continue their higher education (i.e. Higher Secondary, Graduation and Post Graduation) are eligible to submit applications. The online application process for the session 2021-22 has been started from 17th September 2021.
Related: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
OBC Scholarship Assam Details
Name of Scheme: Pre-Matric/ Post-Matric OBC Scholarship, 2021
Academic Session: 2021-22
Scholarship Authority: Government of India
Helplines: 0120-6619540 or [email protected]
Official Website: https://scholarships.gov.in
Required Documents: Students must have the documents listed below before proceeding with the application.
- Bank Passbook
- Cast Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card/ Bonafide Certificate
Eligible Classes: The following categories are eligible under specified categories (i.e. Pre-Matric and Post-Matric).
- Pre-Matric: Class 1 to Class 10
- Post-Matric: Class 11 to Post Graduation
Candidates belonging to OBC category are able to submit online application for this scholarship after recommendation of their respective schools and colleges.
Important Date of OBC Scholarship 2021
- Starting date of online application: 17th September 2021
- Last date of online application: 20th November 2021
- Last date of Defective Verification: 28th November 2021
- Last date of Institute Level Verification: 30th November 2021
Important Links of OBC Scholarship Scheme
|Download Official Notification||Click Here | FAQs|
|Application Link (Register)||Click Here|
|Application Link (Login)||Click Here|
|Scholarship Renewal Link||Click Here|
|Video Details (YouTube)||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
Selection Process of OBC Scholarship Scheme
All eligible Other Backward Classes candidates will be given scholarships subject to the condition eligibility prescribed in Para No. III of this Scheme’s official notification. Candidates belonging to one state, but studying in another state, will be awarded scholarship by the state to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that state. In the matter of exemption from fee or other concessions also, they will be treated as studying in their own state.
How to Apply for OBC Scholarship?
Eligible students need to submit their online applications on the official portal of NSP to complete their application process for this scholarship. Students are advised to go through the steps listed below before proceeding to apply online. Below, we have provided a list of steps required to complete the application process.
- Students have to visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal which is mentioned in the section of Important Link. After visiting the official website of NSP, click on the New Registration option, read the instructions and click on the green Continue button.
- Another page will load, enter all your asked personal details, verify the captcha and click on the red coloured Register button.
- After that, a page containing your Student Application ID will be displayed, please note down this ID for future use and click on Continue button.
- Now, a login page will load, enter your User ID, Password (will be sent to your registered mobile number), verify the Captcha and click on the orange coloured Login button.
- Now, fill all your Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details and click on Save and Continue button.
- After that, fill Contact Details, Scheme Details (Post-Matric Scholarship OBC Students), Upload Documents such as Caste Certificate & Income Certificate and click on green coloured Final Submit button.
- After completing the above steps, a page with all your filled details will appear, click on the Print button to take a copy of this application.
- Now, go to your institute or college and submit that printed application acknowledgment copy along with all the relevant documents demanded by your institute or college.
- That is just the complete process of OBC scholarship application.
FAQs of OBC Scholarship Scheme
Is there any scholarship for OBC students?
Yes, there is a special scholarship for OBC students. The Centrally Sponsored OBC Scholarship Scheme is divided into two categories which are Pre-Matric OBC Scholarship and Post-Matric OBC Scholarship.
How can I get scholarship in Assam?
In Assam, various types of applications are invited from eligible candidates for various schemes. If you are eligible for OBC Scholarship Scheme in Assam then you have to submit an online application on National Scholarship Portal (scholarship.gov.in).
What is the OBC Scholarship Last Date?
The last date for online application for OBC Scholarship 2021 is 20th November 2021 and eligible students can submit their application on or before the last date.
What type of documents are required for OBC scholarship?
Students who are eligible need the following documents to complete their online application of OBC Scholarship – Bank Passbook, Aadhar Card/ Bonafide Certificate, Caste Certificate and Income Certificate.