Abhinandan Education Loan Scheme
Abhinandan Education Loan subsidy scheme is program by government of Assam to provide Rs.50,000/- to all loanees who have availed education loans sanctioned till 31st March, 2019. Further all education loans sanctioned during 2019-2020 shall also be eligible for this subsidy. This scheme will be available with all commercial banks and also the regional rural banks like Assam Gramin Vikash Bank (AGVB) within Assam.
Abhinandan Education Loan Scheme Details
Name of Scheme: Abhinandan Education Loan Subsidy Scheme
Scheme Authority: Finance Department, Government of Assam.
Scheme Objectives: Provide a loan wavier to students of Assam who have availed Education loans.
Benefit of Scheme: One time subsidy of Rs.50,000.00 shall be deposited in loan account.
Launching Date: 26th December 2019
Last Date of Application: 20th September 2020
Eligibility Criteria of Abhinandan Education Loan Scheme
Applicants or Students need to fulfill below given eligibility criteria to get the benefit of this education loan wavier on their sectioned loans.
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam
- Education loan from any Scheduled Commercial Bank or Regional Rural Bank within the state.
- No income criteria.
- Education loans sanctioned before 31st March 2019, amounting Rs. 1 Lakh or more
- For all education loans sanctioned since 1st April 2019, after disbursement of 25% of the sanctioned loan amount.
- Beneficiaries already benefited under “Bidya Lakshmi” scheme is not eligible for application of this scheme
- Loan accounts must not be under NPA Status
How to Apply Abhinandan Education Loan Scheme
Students need to submit an online application through a government online application portal of Finance Department, Assam. Step by step application method is below given, follow those simple steps & complete online application.
- Scroll down, check Important Link‘s section.
- Click on Online Application Link.
- Enter your all details such as name, date of birth, etc.
- Upload three asked documents Loan Proof, Address Proof & PAN Card Proof.
- After filling application click Save button & complete your application.
List of Accepted Documents in Online Application Portal
The application should upload document in JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF version only. The size of the each of document should be less than 2 MB.
Loan Proof (Any One): Loan Sanction Letter, Loan Account Passbook, Loan Statement
Address Proof (Any One): Driving License, Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID, Permanent Residence Certificate, Aadhaar Card
PAN Card Proof: PAN Card
Important Web Links of Abhinandan Loan Scheme
Abhinandan Loan Scheme FAQs
1. What is the Abhinandan Education Loan subsidy (AELS) scheme?
- Abhinandan Education Loan subsidy scheme is program by government of Assam to provide Rs. 50,000/- to all loanees who have availed education loans sanctioned till 31st March, 2019. Further all education loans sanctioned during 2019-2020 shall also be eligible for this subsidy.
2. What is the objective of the Program?
- The objective of this program is to extend relief to those permanent residents of the State, who have taken education loans or are in the process of taking education loans for their children to pursue their dreams of getting higher education. This shall also promote many young and bright students who are unable to pursue their higher education due to financial constraints to take education loans in future.
3. Education loans availed during which time period duration is applicable for this scheme?
- Education loans that has been sanctioned till 31st March 2019 are eligible to apply for this scheme. Further any loan that shall be sanctioned during current financial year i.e. 2019-20 shall also be eligible to avail this scheme.
4. Are personal loans taken to pursue education shall be subsidized under this scheme?
- No, only education loans shall be subsidized under this scheme.